Why Seek SHRM Certification?
Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized
The profession is no longer just about what you know—facts and figures—but rather how you effectively implement that knowledge in the workplace each and every day. SHRM certification provides you the opportunity to prove not only what you know but also how you can apply that knowledge on the job.
SHRM certifications directly link to on-the-job scenarios and realistic work situations. Seventy-three percent of examinees say the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams are HR job-relevant.
Built upon one comprehensive SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™), SHRM certification is applicable across industries, geographic borders, job responsibilities and career levels
FOCUSED ON ADVANCEMENT
More than 5,000 employers are seeking SHRM credential-holders every month. The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credentials are based on the current HR landscape, focusing on the competencies and knowledge HR professionals need to lead in today’s business community. Boost your confidence to take that next step in your HR career or to distinguish yourself in a job search.
Based on in-depth research focused on—and backed by—global employers and business leaders, the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credentials reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
BACKED BY SHRM
SHRM certification is the only HR certification offered by the world’s largest HR membership organization. As the industry leader in HR professional development, SHRM has supported more than 100,000 employers representing 140 million employees worldwide.
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
HR professionals who implement policies and strategies, serve as point of contact for staff and stakeholders, deliver HR services, and perform operational HR functions, should take the SHRM-CP exam.
BODY OF COMPETENCY & KNOWLEDGE
The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) is the basis for the SHRM credentials. The SHRM BoCK describes the behavioral competencies and HR knowledge which HR professionals need for effective job performance. The SHRM BoCK organizes eight behavioral competencies into three clusters:
- Leadership (Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice)
- Interpersonal (Relationship Management, Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness)
- Business(Business Acumen, Consultation, Critical Evaluation)
Additionally, the SHRM BoCK organizes 15 areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise into three domains:
- People (HR Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards)
- Organization(Structure of the HR Function, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Workforce Management, Employee & Labor Relations, Technology Management)
- Workplace (HR in the Global Context, Diversity & Inclusion, Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, U.S. Employment Law & Regulations*)
For further information on SHRM-CP, program contact us
Complete a program application to determine your eligibility for the CM Certification.